This church with a 68m high onion-shaped tower is one of the major landmarks of Dinant. It was built as a Romanesque church at the end of the 12th century. When in 1227 a part of the rock behind the church destroyed the tower, it was partially rebuilt in Gothic Style and later the characteristic onion shaped tower was added.
Dinant flourished as a manufacturing hub for metal products especially brass. The carillon of bells (made in Dinant) at the Church is interesting.